I started work in a Travel Agency at the age of 16. Whilst still at school I had a Saturday job putting stickers on the brochures and helping with the window display. I was then offered a full-time apprenticeship with the opportunity to obtain travel qualifications whilst gaining on-the-job experience. I have actually been working at Thorpe Travel for 15 years now.
I would really like to take my children to Florida to do the whole Disney experience. I'm such a big kid and find the magic of Disney with the characters, the rides, the parades and the atmosphere so exciting!
One day I would like to do a fly-drive itinerary in California. I've had a few customers take in San Francisco, Yosemite, Los Angeles and Vegas, (plus many more stops along the way), in just the one trip. This really appeals to me, with so many amazing sites and experiences to explore.
1) Do some home research on the area which you are visiting so that you will already know how to make the most out of your trip.
2) Advise your credit card company that you are planning to go away - your card could be blocked if unusual transactions are noted without warning.
3) Be aware of liquid restrictions in your hand luggage - any liquids over 100ml must go in the hold.
1) Try for a mid-ship cabin to reduce the amount of movement you feel.
2) Pack sea-sickness tablets - just in case!
3) Check out the dress code for your itinerary so that you know what clothes to pack.