Nicola Atkinson, Manager of our Ipswich travel agents in store at Coes, got the chance to experience some of the luxurious hotels available along Cancun’s Rivera Maya. Here is her run down, including plenty of reasons to choose each property for your own holiday.
Destination: Cancun, Mexico
Operator/Host: If Only
Airline: British Airways
(Hotel names/Ship name): Atelier Playa Mujeres, Fairmont Mayakoba, Unico 20N 87W, Grand Velas
Duration: 7 nights
· Brand new adult-only hotel with fantastic rooftop bar area in the evenings
· All-inclusive hotel with Champagne included
· Eight restaurants and bars - we had some amazing food at the Asian-themed restaurant
· All-suite property
· Luxury AAA-5 Diamond and Rainforest Certified
· Our rooms were located in the resort and you could take a buggy or boat down to the beach
· Low rise apartments spread around the resort
· Hotel is offered on bed & breakfast or all-inclusive basis; I would recommend the latter
· Lovely beach-front restaurant
· Also offers some amazing rooms on the beach, with private plunge pools
· Adult-only hotel with a great atmosphere
· They have pool parties twice a week
· All rooms have a hydro spa tub on the balcony,ground floor rooms are swim-up
· Many Restaurants to choose from; we ate at MURA house and it was my favourite meal of the trip. The food was amazing.
· 5* luxury family all-inclusive
· Fantastic family resort with adult-only section
· Family rooms are made up for each family including little extras for the children. The rooms had a tipi tent for the children and mini dressing gowns. For families traveling with infants, they offer buggies, cots and everything else that you need. I would highly recommend itf or families, if you have the budget.
· Amazing restaurants to choose from included on the all-inclusive
· An Afternoon Excursion to Tulum
· Spa Treatment at UNICO
· Use of spa at Grand Velas
· Tequila tasting at Dreams Hotel
My favourite parts of the trip were the Water Ceremony at Grand Velas and the spa treatment at UNICO. Tequila tasting at Dreams was also good fun. The food at all the hotels was fantastic.
If you’re looking for luxury hotels to relax and enjoy the facilities and weather, I would recommend all the hotels that we stayed at. The food is first class.
Must see? Tulum
Must do? Watch the sunrise
Must try? Tequila
If you would like to plan your own relaxing trip to Mexico, the team can help you find the perfect hotel. Drop into your local branch; we have travel agents in Westbourne, Lymington, Bournemouth, Dorchester, Christchurch and around East Anglia.