I completed my two weeks work experience at Thorpe Travel while studying at High School. I then started as the Saturday girl while studying Travel and Tourism at Norwich City College. After I finished my two year course in 2006 I was offered a Trainee Travel Consultant job. A year later I was asked to become the cruise specialist which was extremely nervous about; at the time I didn't know much about cruising. The role gave me so many fantastic opportunities as I got to sample a few cruises and I visited lots of cruise ships whilst docked in UK ports. In 2017 I was promoted to Branch Manager and I have enjoyed every moment of managing an independent travel agency.
It has to be Spain - I've been to Mainland Spain, the Balearics and the Canary Islands. I tend to travel to Tossa de Mar which is a small resort in Costa Brava. The area is quiet, very Spanish and it's a lovely coastal resort.
This would have to be China; the country has so much to offer. I would love to visit the Pandas, see the Terracotta Warriors, visit Beijing and visit The Great Wall of China.
As I child I didn't travel too far, many of my summer holidays were spent at a local caravan park in Norfolk. My first holiday by plane was to Ibiza, we stayed in Playa d'en Bossa. The resort was lovely - we visited the waterpark, spent lots of time on the beach, visited the Hippy Market and walked up Ibiza Castle where the views of the bay were stunning.
1) Get to the airport/port in good time so you are not rushing
2) Pre-book seat numbers if you have any specific requirements. (This may incur extra charges)
3) Pre-book airport parking and overnight hotels if needed to get the good prices and availability.
1) Always try and book a Midship cabin
2) Plan your cruise - book shore excursions and evening meals before you sail
3) Always try to prepay gratuities at the time of booking your cruise where possible